MSB: Safeties, Protection & Maintenance!
- Install on a raised platform.
- Good Ventilation, Illumination and Minimum Vibration.
- No water/oil pipe passing over MSB.
- Operating floor space in front and behind must be covered with anti-skid, insulated rubber mats with minimum thickness of atleast 15mm.
- Panel Doors should be in locked position at all times.
- Door opening mechanism must be interlocked with power supply.
- The enclosure should be drip proof.
- MSB should be Dead front type (i.e, all the line conductor should pass behind MSB).
- Every equipment and MSB to be earthed.
- Every incoming and outgoing feed wire must be protected by Circuit Breaker or Switch Fuse.
- Insulation resistance should not be less than 1 mega ohm in any case.
- Insulation Resistance to be checked at regular intervals as per the SMS Guide book.
- All meters to be calibrated and records maintained on regular basis.
- All components, i.e, switches, gauges, meters, fuses, push buttons, circuit breaker, indicating lamps should be in working condition and identified with the name tag.
- All the interlocks must be verified frequently.
- Operating switches gear, tools such as circuit breaker handle, fuse puller, lamp grips etc must be readily available.
- Red Tag/Name plate indicating high voltage and danger sign should be fitted.
- Fire fighting equipment available nearby,i.em CO2/ DCP type.
IF YOU LIKE MY WORK THEN PLEASE SHARE IT WITH OTHERS!