Ideal Properties of Marine Refrigerant
A commonly asked question in exams, please take a note of these...
- Low Boiling Point (for easy system start).
- High Enthalpy of vaporization ( to gain more heat from the evaporator).
- Low Condensing Pressure (easy condensing).
- Less specific volume in vapour state (to accommodate less space in line).
- High Critical Temp (temperature above which vapour cannot be condensed).
- Non Corrosive (system loving)
- Non Solvent (to oil and impurities)
- Non Miscible (to lub oil (possible to a certain extent)).
- Non Flammable (for obvious reasons).
- Non Explosive (Obviously).
- Non Toxic
- Easy Leak Detection (by odour or color).
- Cheap and Easily available.
- Environment Friendly.